“Business or pleasure?”
The question already indicates that many relate a business trip to the opposite of pleasure… This is true. Business trips can be a nightmare if you don’t prepare for them in advance. When you have all your ducks in a row, however, they can be a real pleasure, allowing you to establish new contacts, seal some deals and enhance your standing among with your company and in your industry.
First, of course, you need to know where you’re going, what you’re doing there and how long you’ll stay.
Once those initial details are lined up, however, your planning has just begun. Too many people neglect to prepare adequately for every trip.
At Enjoy Apartments, we want you to succeed how to prepare for a business trip, so we offer this advice:
- If you’re traveling out of the country, make sure your passport and visa, if needed, are arranged in time. You can’t handle these details at the last minute.
- Don’t forget the obvious: verify your travel plans. Departure times can change, and you can forget important details. Check everything so you do not leave half to not prepared.
- Consider your goals for your business trip. Are you there to assess the company or learn about the corporate culture? Are you intended to meet clients and establish relationships? Is the goal to close the deal in one trip? you’ll know when your plane or train leaves. And make any sightseeing reservations or restaurant bookings you’ll need for entertaining clients before you leave, if possible.
- Create a budget. If your company imposes spending limits or your credit card for the trip has a cap, consider how much money you’ll have to spend per day or per event so you can be sure the funds don’t run out before the trip is done.
- Take a schedule with you to make sure you know where to be when. You don’t want to miss anything that you won’t be able to reschedule.
- Look into the advantages of booking an apartment rather than just a hotel room. Make sure the apartment has wifi if you need it.
- Know your transportation options. In most cities, you’ll be able to access all modes of transportation easier if you stay in an apartment near downtown.
- Print out plans and data in case your computer or mobile phone doesn’t work or isn’t charged at a crucial moment. You won’t regret being prepared with hard copies of important presentations and bookings.
- Learn about the city you’re visiting so you appear more knowledgeable to your clients. Seeming as if you know what you’re doing will help you win business.
- Prepare your elevator-script (or better even your overall anywhere script).
And about all else, have a good trip — allowing plenty of time for business and a little time for pleasure too. Enjoy Apartments wishes you the most pleasant and productive business trip possible.
Need to travel soon to any of our destinations? Contact us for free advice!
Do you have any tips yourself, feel free to add them in the comments below. Would you like us to keep you informed of the latest in promos, subscribe to our newsletter